Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Clio Grande. The remote key has become less and less effective. Having taken it apart I notice the circuit board is scratched, possibly through so much use. I have replaced the battery with no significant change in performance. Can anyone suggest how I get a replacement key? Cheers.:confused:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi bbaroo, Clio2's have a very poor range on the IR key (remember it must be direct line of sight for an IR key to work), sounds daft but are the 2 batteries in the correct way up? also is the small corrigated contact strip still in place on the top of the batteries? ...
if all else fails try cleaning
1/ the contact plate inside the key very gently with brasso (or similar)to clean it up,
2/ the purple IR reciever in the roof console, try cleaning it inside and out to make sure there is no crud blocking the signal

also check the "bulb" on the key is clean and not badly scratched.

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks truckbusuk. I'll try your suggestions and get back to you. Pretty sure batteries are in right as it does work sometimes especially if you press really hard but as its my wife's car she has real trouble with it and uses the key manually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem turned out to be the microswith thats under the button that you press. Take it apart and drop out the circuit board (when i did this the swtch fell off from a very bad repair) the switch has two solder points either side, drop on a bit of solder, job done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts