Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
am not so far, had loads of mails off HP but still wont work, so have left it for now, before I break it:eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've not upgraded to Vista yet, but am totally surprised by the responses (or shold that be the lack of) from the major suppliers.

Vista, or talk of, has been around for a long time (I work in the computer software industry, and haven't yet seen a copy of Vista in our company...) but am surprised by the responses from the 'blue chip' companies, like Virgin and BT.

It's not a piece of software that's just "appeared" on the market, and Microsoft have to have open source code to avoid paying millons in fines to the EU, so why is everyone so unprepared ?

I'm currently running XP Home on my personal laptop and hve no plans to upgrade, and am also fortunate not to have to upgrade as yet.

To quote a popular saying:

If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Ade

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I've not upgraded to Vista yet, but am totally surprised by the responses (or shold that be the lack of) from the major suppliers.

Vista, or talk of, has been around for a long time (I work in the computer software industry, and haven't yet seen a copy of Vista in our company...) but am surprised by the responses from the 'blue chip' companies, like Virgin and BT.

It's not a piece of software that's just "appeared" on the market, and Microsoft have to have open source code to avoid paying millons in fines to the EU, so why is everyone so unprepared ?

I'm currently running XP Home on my personal laptop and hve no plans to upgrade, and am also fortunate not to have to upgrade as yet.

To quote a popular saying:

If it isn't broke, why fix it?

Ade

My thoughts precisely. :crazy:

Regards

Ottoman:)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
I only got Vista as was buying a new laptop, and it was pre installed, assumed it made sense to buy the new system rather than an older one with XP on, however, I do not recommend Vista, it is a lot different and whilst the security is higher, the actual way round it is harder than xp, and gets annoying after a while, may just be me, but have had to buy a book to work it out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts