Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been covered before and although I know where the sensor should be, as I had an F4R engine before, I just can't see it.

I've used mirrors and taken photos of areas I can't see myself, but nothing shows.

The 2.0 VVT must have one surely. :confused:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I think the sensing is now done from near the crankshaft 'nose', rather than from its 'traditional' position on the gearbox bellhousing.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It should be in exactly in the same place as on the 1.4 in this thread.
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10062&highlight=changing+TDC+sensor
That is where it should be and now, thanks to your pix, I can see what's in the way. It's going to much more hassle than it was on my old Scenic and as it's just a whim, I'm not sure I am going to bother.:(

I have really noticeable hesitation pulling away and between the lower gears. I have tried all sorts, but thought I would clean the TDC sensor as a possible culprit as I have noticed the engine faltering when it's started first time.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From following your recent threads it seems to me that your car just hasn't been right since you had the timing belt changed? or where you having these kind of problems before?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hesitation was slightly noticeable, but has got worse since the belt change. The car now feels like it's pulling back every now and again, sometimes in very rapid succession. There is a a gruff, vibrating growl at 2-2500 rpm, which is worse when cold.

The garage has looked at it since, but declared it as spot on. They did notice the noise, but couldn't say what it was. It sounds like it's from the left side of the engine bay, looking at it. They said it sounded like a plastic cover, but there isn't any there. They reset the ECU and I went.

It was agreed for me to go back after 200 miles or so, so I'm going back in next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts