Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've read the thread on iPod connectors, and have a RoadTrip iPod FM transmitter. However, the quality could be better, and I was hoping to spec the new iPod connector on my new build Scenic. However, the Privilege comes with a 6 CD changer and the two options are 'not compatible'.

I've had a look in Halfords and they offer an Alpine iPod integration solution, which seems to involve a new head unit.

The head unit I have has an Aux and CD changer option in the advanced settings, but I suspect it only has one output at the back (not taken it out yet).

Before I start pulling things apart, or shelling out £250 to my dealer to install the Renault iPod kit, can someone advise if it is straightforward to disconnect the CD changer (and maybe sell it) and replace the connection with the iPod kit?

Thanks

(btw - the new 2l diesel is nice - so far!)

Adam

·
Registered
80 Posts
Which headunit type ?

Hi - you didn't mention which headunit model you have - tuner list ? or update list ? - the answers would be different.
Rgds
Alan

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ottoman

I've ordered the cable Alan mentioned - I have something similar in the Smart and it works well. Ultimately I would like something that allows control and provides charging of the iPod, but suspect that this will come at a price, and will mean ditching the CD exchanger.

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts