Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
hoping someone can help...
have just got a new clio dynamique tomtom and am wanting to connect my ipod to the mp3 connection installed underneath the heating controls?
have heard/read/seen I need a 3.5mm audio jack to connect this and have purchesed one today but although one end (both ends same size) fits into my ipod the other end does not fit into the white or red plug in the car where it is meant to be connected?
Has anyone else had this problem or know anything about it?
The plug seems too big to fit all the way in but have not seen anywhere else of being able to get anything smaller than 3.5 or if so what size do i need?
thanks for any answers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi
thanks for ur help. much appreciated.
i just have an ipod nano so no bluetooth availabilty but hoping that is still ok if i get that cable you pointed out to connect it up?
thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi
i just have an ipod nano so no bluetooth availabilty but hoping that is still ok if i get that cable you pointed out to connect it up?
thanks again
Not sure if this helps, but I collected my Megane Coupe Dynamique TomTom today and have the same problem. Having had a look about, I have ordered this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220543649270&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

All being well this will work for me.

regards

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
hi
thanks again
Yeh the cable will fine :) lots of new megane owners on the forum it seems!! :d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi , same line of query, once connected via cable, does the Tom Tom joystick then control the ipod music selection via the car audio controls/screen, then the ipod can be tucked away and forgotten about once loaded up with music.
TIA
Gaz

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hi Gaz,

If the ipod is connected via phono cable (red and white connector to headphone jack) then no you cannot control the ipod via this cable. You would need the official ipod cable that connects to the bottom of the ipod then to a compatable usb socket in order to control the ipod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Gaz,

If the ipod is connected via phono cable (red and white connector to headphone jack) then no you cannot control the ipod via this cable. You would need the official ipod cable that connects to the bottom of the ipod then to a compatable usb socket in order to control the ipod.
Thanks for the reply, I'm not aware it has a USB port (haven't had the new car delivered yet), I suppose I'm basically asking what do I have to buy that will connect to the dynamique tom-tom that will play MP3 via the car audio setup.

Thanks again

Gaz

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Depends what iPod you have, if it has bluetooth it will send music and I think control the ipod via the bluetooth connection. if not then you may need the tune point installed, I would ask your dealer about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends what iPod you have, if it has bluetooth it will send music and I think control the ipod via the bluetooth connection. if not then you may need the tune point installed, I would ask your dealer about that.
Yes it has bluetooth, so I need an ipod bluetooth, or even just load the mobile phone up and it will control that via bluuetooth ?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
What iPod have you got? if your phone has bluetooth then you can stream music directly to your car from your phone.

You can connect the ipod to you car via the cable mentioned previously in this thread but you can't change track etc using the car controls.

I hope this clears things up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I haven'y bought the iPod yet, that's my point, I'm trying to find the most suitable one to purchase that will hopefully be operable from the head unit once connected.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Ok, well maybe an iPod touch, have you got any mates that have either an iPhone or Ipod touch that we would let you have a play with prior to buying one to see how it works with your car. I know there can be some issues with devices and bluetooth, some of the functions don't work.

Hope this helps and keep us posted :O)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, pick car up Saturday so I'll play with the bluetooth on my Android SF as a starting point.
I'll update for the benefit of the thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I've just picked up my Clio Dynamique Tom Tom. I've managed to connect my iPhone 3GS to the radiosat bluetooth, and can answer/make calls no problem.

However I'm not having much like with the bluetooth streaming. When I go to AUX source I can only listen to all my songs in alphabetical order! I have no option to choose Artists/Albums/Playlists or even scroll through songs. Is there anyway to get this working properly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, I'm bumping this thread because I've just picked up my Clio Dynamique Tom Tom. I've managed to connect my iPhone 3GS to the radiosat bluetooth, and can answer/make calls no problem.

However I'm not having much like with the bluetooth streaming. When I go to AUX source I can only listen to all my songs in alphabetical order! I have no option to choose Artists/Albums/Playlists or even scroll through songs. Is there anyway to get this working properly?

Thanks!
You can't control the bluetooth source from the car controls. I use a Nokia E5 via bluetooth and have the music set up on the phone in albums/playlists etc. but you do have to initiate playback from the phone. I either choose a playlist or set random playback on the phone. Can't you do that with the iPhone?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have iphone 4 connected with bluetooth in my new trafic. the handsfree setup with the phone works fine. i can stream music from the ipod in the phone no probs, but you can not see wots playing. you can only flip through the tracks one by one from the controls by the wheel. if i connect it with the usb socket you can see the tracks being played and sort them via the head unit only. maybe with bluetooth streaming you can only get the tunes and nothing else. :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts