Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've got my Ipod connected to my clio using a connects2 kit, which is fantastic! The next step is to get a dash mount kit, rather than having is sitting in the cup holder section, which is where it is currently.

I know what I want, and have found something that does just the job from http://shop.dashmount.co.uk/

Basically it's a little bracket that sits snug between the stereo and the centre console. Call me tight, but £20, plus VAT, plus shipping for a little metal bracket seems a tad steep!

What do others use for mounting their Ipods/mp3 players? I don't want a suction cup thing, as the lead from the connects2 would be too short, and I'm going to have the TomTom mounted on the windscreen anyways, and don't want it all cluttered up - thanks for any pointers!

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi davegrainger, yup the £23 quid that dashmount charge is outragious, but then its a pretty sturdy bit if kit.
You can get genuine "dashmounts" on Ebay for about 1/2 of the dashmount price , even cheaper used.

Tip with the Clio mount, you can enlarge the vent mount hole using a tappered cutter and then mount it on the outer (airbag side) of the of the air vents rather than have it block the LHS vent by mounting it where dashmount suggest it should.
Depending on how well you enlarge the hole you may or may not require a small self tapper in the air vent to secure the mount so it does not rock back and forth.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the tip off - I've found someone who sells something similar to Dashmount, and as luck would have it, is based in a town close to where I work!

Emailed them to see if they have something that would suit my Clio :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts