Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My 2001 scenic 1.9dci has developed a very bumpy tick over when stationary, it's ok when driving. Air filter has been changed but I'm not very mechanically minded and wondered if anyone has any ideas apart from spending a fortune at a garage.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

With the car idling,does it intermittantly puff out black smoke as the revs fall and rise?.If so,disconnect the MAF sensor (in the air intake directly from the filter housing) and see if that makes any positive difference.If it does,then you'll need a new MAF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't puff black smoke when idle but on occasion if I put my foot down in low gear because it has been bumping around at the traffic lights it then pushes out a big puff of black. Day to day I do a 9 mile run to work that involves lots of traffic light etc but 2 times a week the car gets a 50 mile round trip on motorway and then we do longer driving around europe of approx 2 x 900 miles over 5 days and then 1500 - 2500 once over 3 weeks.

Thanks for the welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.