Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here and I have a question for you...

I have a 2002 Clio, and I'm kinda short. I've recently realized that the aerial on the roof of the car can screw off; which makes me able to wash the car in an automatic car wash.

Seeing as I'm short I'll hafta climb on something to do this myself; and I'm wondering if it would be bad to leave it screwed off; and the hole where it goes "open"?

I dont need it anyway; because I never listen to the radio; but I might end up selling the car one day and I dont want to decrease the sale value either...

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Obviously in time the screwthreads will corrode and you wont be able to re-fit the aerial.
If you really don't want the aerial you could put a short screw into the hole, covering the threads with grease beforehand.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
In my experience with the Lag 1's, they tend to corrode anyway, usually leaving you with an aerial that can't be unscrewed.

You're probably no worse off than that if you just remove the aerial, but it wouldn't hurt to stick a blob of grease inside the threads and/or a bit of electrical tape over the top.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
In my experience with the Lag 1's, they tend to corrode anyway, usually leaving you with an aerial that can't be unscrewed.
It's the same with all aerials that unscrew. That's why you need to smear a bit of grease on the threads in the first place to help prevent it happening!:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts