Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again:) ....just lately my 98 megane classic (runaround till my scenic is on the road) has started to act up...when im driving it will sometimes lose power or pulling away..frustrating when you have a long line of cars behind you:crazy: .getting to be more regular over the last week....its like a spluttering and low revs i'm quite sure its the coil but need someone to confirm this....many thanks:) :) :)

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is no pattern to it and no warning lights.....i had something similar on a 98 scenic that turned out to be the coils..there was no warning lights then........the best way of describing it is "being in to high a gear at too slow a speed"...im sure most peeps have done it some time so will know what i'm on about...the car will be gone in a couple of weeks but dont want to pass it on with this problem........

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi had the same problem,renewed the coils with a second hand set from scrppies and it sorted the problem.it sound like coils from what uve said

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It could also be the pipe between the inlet manifold and the MAP sensor (on the bulkhead)if your engine is an 8 valve.The pipe has a tendency to split causing problems like the ones your experiencing,and also it rearly throws the management light on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts