Independent Renault Forums banner

Is it possible ..........

15K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Marky70 
#1 ·
To lock the car with keycard and not have the alarm activated ?.

Having to leave the dog in the car tomorrow for about an hour at the most, windows slightly open and parked in shade with water on the floor.

Scenic 2, would appreciate advice.

Thanks

#2 ·
it is, there should be a alarm user guide in with the user guide, i think it is something like, engine off - drivers door open, insert and remove card 5 times then close door and lock - it should then beep

dont quote me on it as i dont 100% remember if that is right, if you do get stuck i will go and get my manual at lunch time

#6 ·
Sorry but I am more worried about your dog being left in the car for an hour:redcard:

Some time back I had to smash a car window to get a heat suffering dog out that had been left in a car and that was a relevant coolish day, it wasnt a very pleasant sight, so please be aware of the consequences and act accordingly, please:nonono:

#7 ·
Simple way of deactivating alarm:

- Once engine / ignition is off, remove card and open driver's door.

- Press the start button 5 times (or just once if you have Keyless entry / start).

- Close the door and lock the car.

- To leave windows open, only press the lock button once. Pressing twice will auto-close any windows / sunroof.

- The next time you lock the car, the alarm will automatically reactivate and the car will beep 3 or 4 times (can't remember which).

Another tip if you didn't know; if the alarms been going off while you've been away from the car, the car will beep a number of times rather than just once when you unlock it.
The alarm user guide tells you what the different beep sequences mean (i.e. which sensors triggered the alarm).

Hope this helps anyone interested.

Andy :)

#10 ·
My solution, although not helpful to thread starter is to get a bigger dog..... That way windows can be left open and doors unlocked.

Water would only be needed if in an unpopulated area. Silly people sticking their hands in to pet a seemingly docile dog would provide enough fluids at a pinch........

Sorry, the doctor hasn't been round yet with my meds, I think she fancies the Warden !

:d

#11 ·
My solution, although not helpful to thread starter is to get a bigger dog..... That way windows can be left open and doors unlocked.
Can be achieved using roids, although I wouldn't recommend it, due to side effects.

Water would only be needed if in an unpopulated area. Silly people sticking their hands in to pet a seemingly docile dog would provide enough fluids at a pinch........
Had a labrador once. Had to get an alarm for the house, and set up a zone in the middle of the house where he could walk free,
as he'd likely wag his tail to welcome burglars if they entered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.