Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - this is going to sound a very silly question but I'm going to ask anyway ;) . I've just got myself a 1998 (S Plate UK) Scenic Monaco RXE with a 2.0 litre petrol engine. From both the Haynes manual and part lists I see there are two types of engine - an 8v and 16v. How do I find out which mine is easily?

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi , somtimes the 16v is printer on the drivers door or passanger door , one side will have RXE , and the other may have 16v. It is also commonly printer on the plastic engine cover. Failing that post you vin. number and i will try and look it up for you , Rich:cool:

Reactions: bigpee

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If your car is definately a 1998 then you will have an 8 valve engine.The 2 are very easy to tell the difference between....

F3R 8 valve....

F4R 16 valve....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the posts - and thanks for the offer to check Rich. From the photos from Lagdti it's definately the 8v one. No flash plastic under my bonnet - just a big engine block :) .

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The F4R 16 valve engine came in when the Scenic was face lifted (round foglights,plastic headlights etc) in 1999 (August I think to match up with the introduction of the T-plate cars I think but I could be wrong:eek:).

R

·
0 Posts
The F4R 16 valve engine came in when the Scenic was face lifted (round foglights,plastic headlights etc) in 1999 (August I think to match up with the introduction of the T-plate cars I think but I could be wrong:eek:).
:iagree:Though I seem to see more T reg Mk1 phase1 Scenic's than I do T reg Mk1 Phase2 Scenic's ?

All petrol engine Mk1 Phase2 Scenic's where fitted with either 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 twin cam shaft 16 valve engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts