Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hiya!!! can any one help.. i`ve got a renault megane II 1.9 dci on a 54 plate. my aircon needed refilling..so i got one of those, do it your self cans... as i fill it up,well try!!. and switch the engine off.. i can hear aircon gas leaking from front off engine.. the car is only 3 years old..has a pipe come loose/crack!!1 has any one had the same problem?? can any one help me??

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Harold - I have the same engine in my Scenic and i can hear it whistle when its on boost, its not massively loud and to be fair you need the window down and radio turned off, when you change gear or come off the accelarator you might hear the recirclation valve (dump valve sort of thing), personally i dont think its anything to worry about but hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be able to help you out. I guess its hard to say without hearing it, i have to admit though i sometimes think ive heard noises when i probably havent.

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Harold -

Don't be too worried - all turbos whistle. You said someone thought the turbo was going - where did you take the car to be told this? If I were you I'd get a second opinion from another Renault Dealer - S J Cook / City Motors in Bristol. Bristol Trade Centre, as you know, are not a Renault Dealer.

This would mean your concerns would be logged on the computer - then if your turbo did fail then it would be easier to get a contribution from Renault because you pointed it out before the 3 year warranty is up!

How many miles has the car done?

If you don't like Cooks / City Motors you caould always try Clist & Rattle in Portishead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbo fine

Welcome to the forum, Harold. Hope the turbo is fine
the turbo is fine, thanks buddy!! took it to renault and they said it was it wos surpose to whistle .. i didnt hav a clue havent owned a diesel turbo before..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bristol trade centre

Harold -

Don't be too worried - all turbos whistle. You said someone thought the turbo was going - where did you take the car to be told this? If I were you I'd get a second opinion from another Renault Dealer - S J Cook / City Motors in Bristol. Bristol Trade Centre, as you know, are not a Renault Dealer.

This would mean your concerns would be logged on the computer - then if your turbo did fail then it would be easier to get a contribution from Renault because you pointed it out before the 3 year warranty is up!

How many miles has the car done?

If you don't like Cooks / City Motors you caould always try Clist & Rattle in Portishead.
when i bought the car from bristol trade centre, they told me it woz still under warranty being on a 54 plate.. when i got the card for car... i phoned up renault wiv the problems i got they asked how many miles it has done,74.000!! not under warranty!! pissed off.. bristol trade centre only give a 30 day warranty!! the earlist they can fit me in is 20th of june. i bought the car last friday!!

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I thought the minimum warranty for a second hand car was 3 months. Worth checking! I would contact BTC to find this out - also point out that you were led to believe you had the bal of the 3yr Renault waranty which, as you have found out, you don't!

Have you got the name of the salesman and the original invoice?

Other than that how's the car?:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi harold got mine about 2 months ago and thought the same about the turbo but my mates a mechanic and he reassured me this was fine and that it sounded ok. so am glad some1 else has enquired about this how is your car thats alot ov milelege 4 a 54 plate how is the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi harold got mine about 2 months ago and thought the same about the turbo but my mates a mechanic and he reassured me this was fine and that it sounded ok. so am glad some1 else has enquired about this how is your car thats alot ov milelege 4 a 54 plate how is the car
i only paid 5 grand for the car tho, ex fleet car full service history!! as its diesel it will go on for miles and miles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
air con!!! help me please

hiya!!! can any one help.. i`ve got a renault megane II 1.9 dci on a 54 plate. my aircon needed refilling..so i got one of those, do it your self cans... as i fill it up,well try!!. and switch the engine off.. i can hear aircon gas leaking from front off engine.. the car is only 3 years old..has a pipe come loose/crack!!1 has any one had the same problem?? can any one help me??
is it going to cost alot to fix

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
air con!!! help me please

is it gonna cost alot to fix

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
You don't give the year of your car but on some Renaults the Halfords air/con top ups cannot be used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts