Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,028 Posts
God that stuff has been around for yonks and while it does work it can also do a good job at blocking essential waterways..go easy if you use it and if you can sort the problem without it do it that way..

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,028 Posts
Ah 2 oldies together lets start reminiscing 😁 Holts ..carlube and wynns do it as well never used them so can't say how good or bad they are..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Sierra once just used egg white it worked too!! I reckon modus mite be a bit more complicated haa

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,771 Posts
Friend of mine did the egg trick, then decided to get a exchange rad, he had it
dangling upside down in the parts place when there was a plop and several
round orange balls were rolling round the floor, silly sod had been putting the hole
eggs in.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,718 Posts
It all depends what is leaking.
Radweld or similar like Bars Leaks will work on a leaky rad, surprisingly well at time.
But won't touch a leaky hose, gasket or water pump.
Will seal your heater matrix wonderfully if the coolant level drops.

Others like K Seal, Stop Leaks et all work on different principles and some claim to seal even head gaskets.... google some of the results, you don't want some of them in your engine.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,453 Posts
Am at the moment stripping a Corsa D down, because of the radweld..

He used it to seal a small hole in his Radiator, it did not work and screwed the pump, and took the head gasket out..
Use with extreme caution..

As we have no idea what car/engine you have, we can not really offer advice on where to look

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Radweld & Co belong to the class of Marmite things.
In my limited experience the bother of finding and fixing leaks proper is less than the bother down the road from Radweld and that's only the odd time that it actually worked, temporarily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts