Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a megane 52 Fidji and would like an iPod control stereo that works with my steering wheel control that will continue to display audio information in the clock dashboard unit. Is there one?

This is far fetched the next question, but I'll check anyway...is there any stereo that fit behind the existing megane fascia? I love the sleek look and don't want it to be spoiled by a black plastic stereo in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only way this will happen is if you contact Renault and check with them which is their top of the range model and see if you like that? It will allow ipod connection.

After market makers will not make a stereo with the same facia as your standard one unfortunately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can buy another radio from renault but be prepared it will be very pricey for the unit alone.then you want an interface for the ipod to dock & play through which i would also think renault would charge a fortune for.

easiest option....

get one of them ipod fm transmitters. simply plug into ipod then tune the car stereo to the same frequency as one on transmitter. has a usb socket also so can be charged from car.

only downside there can be a bit of interference when being used ie radio fuzz. & have to select music through ipod.

either pay a few hundred pounds or £30. depends what you want to pay.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
You will find that many of the big manufacturers supply connectors that allow their mid to high end head units to be connected to factory fitted remotes and screens.

I would recommend you find a local car hifi dealer and ask them, they will have geek levels of knowledge on the subject and will be able to point you in the right direction. In my limited experience Alpine and Pioneer will almost certainly have the connectors, Sony also do some but I'm not sure what sort of range they have.

Most dealers whould also be able to source facia kits to enable standard din units to fit in the dash of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts