Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so glad I found site, has been very useful and informative.

I have just bought two renault scenic 11 and have ordered the manual via amazon to service the vehicle myself.

I have located the pollen filter but for the life of me I cant find the air filter?

I can see the air box inside engine bay but this is a sealed unit with no way inside.

Are there any more filters to be replaced or is that it. Have searched the forum and there was one post which talked about access into the air box but the pics have been removed therefore cant tell if its the same engine as mine.

Vehicles are 1600 16v sport Alize, v reg

Thanks for reading

Stew

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there stew and welcome to Renault forums, not sure about the air filter location on your car as I have a Laguna but I'm sure someone will help soon
Regards Leroy

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Leroy,

Best resource on the net for Renault owners, already problem solved many questions I had using various threads.

Just need clarification on the second filter, if it exists

Have already searched on keywords and trawled through old posts.

Regards

Stew

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again Stew, perhaps if you could post a pic of your engine we could help more, but I cant remember there being more than one air filter
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did this yesterday- the box you see is a 'silencer' for the air intake- the actual filter sits on the end of the intake- undo the 2 torx screws on the top, then unhook the filter housing from the bottom- its in there.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow !

Thank you very much Georgemids, just found it thanks to your help, was completely crapped up, needs replacing.

Hoping this will help with fuel economy once sparks and oil change sorted

Great site, appreciate the fast replies

Stew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts