Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Can someone please tell me whether this is a fuse. It is located behind the glovebox and is something to do with the heater blower motor.

I am wondering, if this is a fuse, may it be the reason why my heater blower motor is not working? Are they readily available?

I'd love to know ASAP as I've got the car in pieces at the moment and would ideally like to put it back together before I pick the OH up today as I don't think she'd be best please sharing her part of the cabin with a load of dangling wires:crazy:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi sorry scatz ive no idea have a you tester,? or can you not trace to were there coming from or going to?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Scatz - as far as I know the heater blower fuse is located in the fusebox - maybe it's the ballast resistor your looking at - a better description or even a pic would help. There are some posts on replacing the resistor on this forum.:)
Try this link
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/3636-heating-fan-selector.html?highlight=resistor
Sorry Mad.......forgot to attach piccy, here it is (sorry it's blurred). Anyway, have now sussed that it is a relay not a fuse and I couldn't quite work out whether the wires from the blower motor go to it or not as there's tape covering everything. Having said that I now don't think it does anyway.

I'm at my wits end now with my ventilation as I cannot work out why the blower motor will not work. I purchased a blower motor from ebay (stated it was tested and worked) and tried that but nothing! Had to change my climate control unit anyway and....nothing. As far as I can tell, the only thing that would stop the blower motor working is the resistor, which in air con Lags is apparently part of the motor unit and not seperate.

Is there a way I can test the blower motor on a 12v battery?

I shall read some of the threads, as I have before, to see if I've missed anything but I don't think I have. Really driving me nuts as I have no air at all let alone air con/climate control.:steam:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi running a length of wire to any off the motors you have collected :d from the battery + & - to the motors + - will test once and for all if they are working if so there is a brake in the circuit somewhere??? i hope this helps all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi running a length of wire to any off the motors you have collected :d from the battery + & - to the motors + - will test once and for all if they are working if so there is a brake in the circuit somewhere??? i hope this helps all the best Donald.
That's just it Don....there is no +/- on the blower motor. Once it is removed from the car all there is is the pins where the wires in the car plug into, eight pins in all???????

I'll post a piccy of the motor.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
That's just it Don....there is no +/- on the blower motor. Once it is removed from the car all there is is the pins where the wires in the car plug into, eight pins in all???????

I'll post a piccy of the motor.
Have you not got a tester with the pin head on it that you earth to the body and push it into all the pins in the socket one at a time to see what one is live going to the motor if any??? with the ignition on

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, here is two piccies of the blower motor. One in it's casing and the other out of it's casing.

Furthermore, I had read this thred;

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/laguna/4113-renault-laguna-i-phase-2-heating-cooling-heater-fan-1-2-3-speed-not-working-fix.html

....whereby, Ben1400 states how to fix a blower motor from a Lag with air con but it doesn't sound at all relevant to what I have in my car.

I know if I take the car to Renault I'll end up with a bill for £100's which I quite simply have not got (not even a fiver at the moment or anywhere in the near future for that matter).

You know how I felt when I bought the car and this is just ruining the whole fun of it yet it should be reletively simple to fix, but I've tried everything:( I mean, I've lost count of the times I've removed this facia, that facia, the glove box, air con unit, blower motor. It seem's as though no-one has the answer, least of all me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
this tester iam showing you when the ignition is on and pushing this into one hole at a time:d will light up to let you know if there is power going to the motor to start with and if so i would then say its the motor but if there is no power going to any of these pin on the plug that pushes into the motor then there is a brake somewhere between the power source and the fuse or resistor pack

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Scatz your pic looks very much like a relay of some sort. Have had a look through the Hyanes manual the power cables to the blower motor are Red (positive) and Brown (negative) - if that is any help:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The item in the first piccy is a relay,Scatz.I'm not sure if it's connected to the blower motor at all.......do the wires from this go anywhere on the motor?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
when and if you find out what one is the power on the plug you will then know what one is the power on the motor you can then run a wire to the motor to find out if it working or not the earth pin should be easy i hope this helps

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Scatz your pic looks very much like a relay of some sort. Have had a look through the Hyanes manual the power cables to the blower motor are Red (positive) and Brown (negative) - if that is any help:)
Thanks mad. From memory there is one thin red wire and two thick red wires as well as the brown etc. I am assuming the thin red wire would be the positive?

Once I have sussed which is which do I just wire a 12v battery to the corresponding pins on the motor?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The item in the first piccy is a relay,Scatz.I'm not sure if it's connected to the blower motor at all.......do the wires from this go anywhere on the motor?
Cheers Lag, but it looks like the relay is nothing to do with the blower motor after further investigation.

As above, it's all down to being able to test the motor to see if it's working. If the motor is working then I am at a loss as I cannot see whatelse it could be.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'm guessing that your Lag has got digital climate control?

If it has,then this complicates matters.:(.I'll have a look at the blower motor in mine and compare it,but mines only got the manual dials and aircon......:(

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
would you like me to send this down to you if so you might have monday, if not tuesday if yes send me your address private message

1 - 20 of 62 Posts