Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home last night there was a bang from engine loss of power and smoke from exhaust on checking oil its ok no contamination same with coolant the engine will tick over fine as soon as you ask for power it will go no higher than 2000 revs with lots of exhaust smoke and drive at 20mph no more than that. the car is a 1.9dti laguna, 1999. Recovery guy confirms my thoughts turbo problem any tech,s out there give me a there thoughts to the problem sounds pricey ??????????
Alan

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my car about 18mths ago....is the smoke white ??????
I found that the air intake pipe had come off the intercooler. Popped it on, tightened it up and problem solved, Hope this is the same easily solved problem for you !!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont think so tigger I think the seal has gone in the turbo sealed unit everything else seems ok but will double check, cars booked in on tuesday so I will post the result when I have an answer.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
i was thinking turbo air leakage from a blown pipe or something, i had this on a pug but the exhaust smoke was excess black . if the actual turbo went bang then id have thought parts of your turbo would have ended up in the engine and wouldnt run at all!
fingers crossed its not major
robster

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as promised the results from the garage is not good the turbo has blown along with the cat so I'm having a happy easter :crazy:, anyway shopping on the net for the bits has made me a happier bunny:eek: can anyone confirm for me the turbo on a 1.9dti laguna 1999 is a GARAT gt 1544.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turbo whistle

I've just got my laguna 1.9 RT DTI 1999 back after having a new turbo, Cat and exhaust system fitted also had to have the intercooler de-greased. Got the car back yesterday after garage had road tested it within me driving it 2 mile suffered a lose of power loads of smoke and turbo whistleing when i try to accelerate, on tick over there is a hissing like air leak, garage closed today but can anyone tell me if this is just a pipe come off or is this major damage again

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi yes sounds very like a pipe has came of blowen off just have a good look round the turbo iam sure you will see something out of place good luck all the best Doanld

·
Registered
26 Posts
Blown turbo? Laguna dti

Well as promised the results from the garage is not good the turbo has blown along with the cat so I'm having a happy easter :crazy:, anyway shopping on the net for the bits has made me a happier bunny:eek: can anyone confirm for me the turbo on a 1.9dti laguna 1999 is a GARAT gt 1544.

I had similar prob on motorway today, the throttle seemed like it opened up and i had no control over it, it was revving very high and blowing smoke out exhaust. i pulled over to hard shoulder and the engine wouldnt turn off with the key, it stopped itself after a few seconds and there was smoke coming from back of engine (turbo area)
I assume i need a new turbo but i am told there are 3 engine variants, mine is a F9Q engine I am told by renault garage. Are all the DTi turbos the same? Does anyone have a part number for the turbo I need?

Any help greatly appreciated!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts