Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started working through my 05 Clio Dynamic 1.2 just to get it working as well as
possible before commencing modifications. Yesterday I installed a new battery and lost the radio code simple solution to that... I have the necessary code. But driving to my workshop this morning the car was choking as though no fuel and/or miss firing The battery light and stop warning light comes on and as i arrive at the workshop the engine cuts out. Five minutes later it starts and runs normally whilst stationary.
I would be grateful of any guidance members can provide regarding this issue. My intention for the car is supercharged NOT turbo, head and exhaust mods for club motorsport mostly sprints, hill climbs and track days

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,199 Posts
Not an UCH issue, check crank shaft sensor tip is clean

Reactions: saj_n

·
Registered
168 Posts
Agreed does not sound like uch at all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I cleaned the original one as advised the car started and ran for a few minutes then the problem returned. I therefore replaced the sensor but NOT the lead. again the car started and ran smoothly for several minutes before beginning to misfire at 1000-1200 rpm and then stalling. Any further ideas or solutions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Get Renault clip connected check codes, make a note, perform reset and test see what codes come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts