Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend my Avantime has sounded more like a V8 than a V6! Upon closer inspection I have a hole. I have done some research on another, avantime, website and found that many fellow avantime owners are having exhausts made out of stainless steel - c. £300-350 because the dealers have been quoting c.£850 for a standard exhaust system!

So I was most impressed when my local dealer came up with £1700 this evening! Do you think it might be to make up some of the money they lost on my engine change last year??:d

S

·
0 Posts
Bl00dy ridikerous. I have no doubt a custom stainless steel system will probably be better quality too...

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And there's a chioce of Quiet, Medium / Sport and Loud!!

I'm going for quiet!

If you buy the loud version you get a free grade 1 haircut and spolier!!!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Congratulations Hugh, I bet you never knew that owning an Avantime gave you membership to the supercar-fraternity!

I laugh when I hear people say "French cars are cheap"...

Needless to say, you'll be going for the dealer option - not!

Might be interesting to find out what caused the hole - it could be a design flaw (if you get a custom system, you can engineer around it).

Renault can charge like the Light Brigade...:rolleyes:

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Jeez Hugh ... Do they fit a new engine with the exhaust ...

My Local Renault Dealership, The after sales Manager is an ex Ford Manager, He was saying one day to that he is shocked some times at the invoice costs they raise, He said while working with Ford if he presented some of these bills at half the price to Ford owners that there would have been fireworks when people came to collect their cars... Yet insurance ratings for the cars are not dissimilar, which is usually an indicator of repair costs.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Just another one for Renault Stealers

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Jeez Hugh ... Do they fit a new engine with the exhaust ...

My Local Renault Dealership, The after sales Manager is an ex Ford Manager, He was saying one day to that he is shocked some times at the invoice costs they raise, He said while working with Ford if he presented some of these bills at half the price to Ford owners that there would have been fireworks when people came to collect their cars... Yet insurance ratings for the cars are not dissimilar, which is usually an indicator of repair costs.

Regards

Ottoman
he's already had the engine

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he's already had the engine

That's right Chris. I had the belt changed at the same time - that's an engine out / £1200 job! I don't know if they are trying to recoup some of the cost of the engine replacement but another A'time owner has been quoted £850 for a Renault exhaust - So £350 for S/steel seems very good especially with a lifetime warranty! Or maybe they just worked the price out incorrectly.........?

Yes Renault ownership can be expensive - more so with the larger cars I think. But driving down the M5 the other day with windows down was great fun and it's the best way to dust the interior!!!! Apologies to the car behind when a chocolate wrapper was sucked out of the footwell and though the window! This makes it all worth it - even the forthcoming road tax hike imposed by my friend at no. 11 - but that's another topic!
:d

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
[quote=hugh121; Apologies to the car behind when a chocolate wrapper was sucked out of the footwell and though the window!

You sure it wasn't Donalds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts