Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I was looking back to see when the new admin team was formed - 12th Sept last year.

It's taken a lot of effort from my hard-working colleagues, but I believe the forum is now a better and happier place than it was before.

Hopefully, that is a sentiment that you share?

Moving forwards, we are aware that member's needs and wants change, and therefore, the direction the forum takes must be equally responsive and flexible.

So, I guess the crux of this thread (rather than an opportunity for mutual back-slapping), is - what do you want the forum to incorporate / change?

I'm not about to promise the moon & stars, but, as the old saying goes, 'if you don't ask, you don't get.'.

Think of it, as a mini-referendum, and we will analyse the feasibility of whatever's suggested and give a reply.

Thanks in advance for your contribution to this thread, and your continued participation in the forum.

Paul

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the admin team could buy us all a CLS 55 then it would get rid of some of the jealousy running through the forum at the moment :d:d. Now if that's not really feasible they could just buy me one :d:d:d
Tell you what Colin, after you've spent almost 18 months suffering in a Rodius - I might just feel so much sympathy - I'll consider it! :rofl:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,434 Posts
I regard RF as being a very good forum with a good assortment of members, technical questions and general chatty subjects.
Improvements? - (a) sometimes I feel some posts would warrant a better response from the membership, I'm sure more members could add their know-how or experiences to more threads
(b) there's too many threads asking the same old question eg failed head gasket signs, failed thermostats, rattly brakes etc Could a big reminder be flagged up to do a search before you post a question?
Otherwise I like it as it is, it has a great 'family' feel about it and its brilliant seeing past members coming back again.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good points RW, and well-put.

Tbh, regarding the sometimes lack of response to queries, what I would say is that threads with zero replies get automatically moved to the top of the 'New Posts' search - to maximise the opportunity of a reply - it's then really up to 'those in the know' to interject and add their bit. All we can do is ensure the threads are in the correct section.

Regarding searching for topics before posting - completely agree. But as it's usually a 'newbie' trait to post before looking, it's a bit of a fine-line to suggest, without sounding unfriendly. but I guess that's where the 'soft-skills' come into play.

We can take a look and see if a polite message can be introduced (I remember asking for something similar a while back) - as it would also benefit the poster as they would get the answer much faster (they wouldn't need to wait).

Thank you,

Paul

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am quite happy with it as it is, if you could just open my free time, so i can be on here more, that would be great :p
I know exactly where you are coming from; 4 young kids, my own business and a wife that hogs the pc playing Candy Crush - time is in short supply.

Paul

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Time to buy her a tablet, it's better played on one according to my OH :d:d
I'm not made of money, you know...:d

At the last head count I have 4 kids and 20 cylinders to feed.:crazy:

Paul

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you still have the Rodent, I mean the Hideous, sorry Rodius? I have matches and petrol if that helps....
Still have it mate.

2 reasons;

• the multimac seat has been delayed by around a week (and I'm too tight to pay 2 car's insurance, when only 1 can accommodate the family and that's the one that'll be on it's way in a few weeks...
  • we are also awaiting the plate transfer from DVLA
On the plus side, DMS can now do the upgrade on Friday, so if the seat arrives by the end of the week, it'll be a perfect storm scenario.

Paul

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
on a serious note, we get a lot of new members who go straight in with a question without looking for the answer first

could the forum be set so new members cant post until they have searched a few threads first ?

that way they would have to look first

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
On some motoring forum's its frowned upon if you don't introduce yourself first.

(I'm only a member of one other but I seldom post)

On one particular forum if you ask a question without introducing yourself first the mods/admin jump straight on your back scowling straight away.

I don't want this introduced here but it gets on my T1T$ when someone's first post is a lengthy one asking for URGENT help, often without a courteous please! :mad:

:)

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,434 Posts
On some motoring forum's its frowned upon if you don't introduce yourself first.
I'm guilty of that :eek: :( RF was the first forum of any kind I've ever joined, and I was under the impressions that forums were simply an 'ask question and go away with the answer' type of arrangement. I was a bit surprised when I clocked that the membership was a lot more regular and united. So belated apologies for barging in like a bull in a china shop and now let me formally introduce myself......Hello, I'm Renoir White with a Renault Trafic camper and I'm very pleased to meet you all :d:d:d:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
I'm guilty of that :eek: :( RF was the first forum of any kind I've ever joined, and I was under the impressions that forums were simply an 'ask question and go away with the answer' type of arrangement. I was a bit surprised when I clocked that the membership was a lot more regular and united. So belated apologies for barging in like a bull in a china shop and now let me formally introduce myself......Hello, I'm Renoir White with a Renault Trafic camper and I'm very pleased to meet you all :d:d:d:cool:
WHAT !!!!!.
You never introduced yourself.:eek::eek:
Cancel his membership and make him start again on zero posts.
Maybe a bit harsh but it will keep him busy so he can't be LAST.:rofl:

As for the first timers. Ban them too, then we won't get any questions.:d

On a more adult note, it's a great forum so keep up the good work guys.

Don't want a Merc Paul.
A little ZZR will do nicely.:d:d

1 - 20 of 23 Posts