Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask if anyone had any idea how bad the parts problem due to the Japanese earthquake really is. I have ordered a Megane Coupe and it is due approximately June1. I am worried that date is going to get pushed out dramatically.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read recently (can't find the article now), that Toyota had reduced production to a 4-day week due to shortages in component supplies.

So I would believe there will be a delay, how long, I wouldn't like to guess.

I'd say keep in contact with your dealer to ensure that either your car's trade-in value is maintained or there is a cut-off date for delivery, that if exceeded allows you to receive your deposit in full.

That's the fairest options imo.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Paul

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
All of the Japanese car manufacturer assembly plants here will either be working short weeks for a while or closing for extended periods over the Easter holidays ,but I can't really see Renault production being too badly effected (if at all).

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
There's bound to be some component sharing with Nissan, but whether the Nissan suppliers are Japanese? Who knows.

Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a delay my new Clio.

I ordered it on the 14/03/2011 for a 6-8 weeks delivery window. On checking with the dealership last week (because I had not received any details on the progress of my vehicle), I discovered that my car had not yet been allocated and therefore manufacture has not yet started on it due to japanese parts problems+there were many other customers in the same position as me also waiting!

This was the first I knew of this impending issue and if I hadn't raised my concerns then I probably would be no wiser to this ... :confused:!

I promptly spoke to Renault UK to get the full low-down on this. They advised that there was a delay with my vehicle, but this is very dependant on what options your vehicle has. Mine has bluetooth and Satnav which is what appears to be holding up the build (because these parts sourced from Japan).

I cannot fault the customer serices people at Renault UK. They could not comfirm a definate date but have advised they will keep me updated on a weekly basis and would notify me immediately once a vehicle has been assigned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just found out today that window regulators have been put on stop, it seems as the factory that produces them was was right in the heart of s**t central.

Its kind of ironic, the problems they had with water ingress has taken on a greater meaning...!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I orderd a G Scenic on Feb 11th from cardiff renault they gave me a 6-8 week window as per normall (aprox delivery was 13/3) i had a call 2 weeks later saying 'due to some problems they have had to move the dilvery window to the end of April' I thought ok a few weeks late but i can deal with that. On Tuesday my phone rings hoping there going to say its ready for delivery...but noooooo they called to tell me its now going to be early JUNE!!!! the lack of info passed to me from renault has been S$£%%y to make it worse the car is a motability car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts