Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Watched the race this afternoon I felt Max was fully responsible for the first clash with Kimi as he could have taken a tighter line as he came off the grass ...although the stuarts could have just said ...give the place back but that wasn’t to be !
Second clash was down to Vettel trying to hard...a desperate man taking risks this late in the season as he sees the championship slips through his fingers .

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
304 Posts
just remembered the days back in late 90s and early 2000s, it was fun to watch the competition between Schmumacher and Hakkinen. And there were the days that the pole position was changing in seconds, lately it does not give much of taste when I watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What formula needs is a major shake up that doesn’t have smaller teams in the pocket of the big boys ...all the while little teams share Ferrari or Mercedes engine the outcome is going to be very predictable.
Let’s take F1 back to the 1980’s ....at least 10 of the teams used the Ford cosworth DFV 3.0 V8 ...the only exceptions was Renault ...1.5 v6 turbo (and didn’t that cause controversy back then ! ) and Ferrari /Alfa Romeo with a 3.0 v12, let’s turn back the clock and have an engine manufacture like say Honda make the engines for all the teams....yes not the most powerful or reliable power unit but every team would be on equal terms ...then let’s see some overtaking and who shines as the better drivers....ok that F1 sorted now let me have a look at Brexit !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts