Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
Just joined in an attempt to cope with another problem with my Renault, a diesel manual. As its over 10 years old I expect problems, but being female, now in the UK without my network of mates to help with car problems, seek help here. Its done 104thousand miles. A year ago, when I bought it, the dealer had to fix the heater/fan before I took possession, and now its not working again. The sunroof has never worked, another electrical? prob. which isnt important . But seeing through the windscreen is in the English winter, (even it is now said to be mild), screen still needs demisting, even it theres no heater. So where do I start checking before resorting to the mechanics/auto electricians. Oh, havent checked the fuse yet, it was too dark.
Previously I have owned two Honda Accords, petrol models, with so few problems other than fair wear and tear, its frustratingly expensive motoring here. It failed the MOT last month with front wheel suspension problem, lucky to get a break from the MOT centre & didnt get stung for the retesting once the repair was done.
Just read thru the posts on heater problems, look forward to the cleaning out the sludge bit! But as the fan for the heater doesnt work, dont know where to start - apart from the fuse, obviously.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa, :eek:
Typical of me to launch into my problem without thoroughly searching the site. Now it seems I may be able to help myself with the answer that was provided by spirochete a year ago. What a hero with an excellent post complete with pictures. And perhaps I'll even get myself one of those Haynes Service manuals.
Thanks guys:) I'll give it a try.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Whoa, :eek:
Typical of me to launch into my problem without thoroughly searching the site. .
Its a common problem for most new users,shame really because there is a wealth of info inside the forums if only peeps would look.

As to that spirochete thread,I agree it's a great post and has helped many members over the past months.

Welcome on board and although you have your answer don't be a stranger and join in the community here,you will be made welcome by all I'm sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts