Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you are probably aware, my long suffering missus is expecting our second child any day now (well... is so far 4 or 5 days over due).

So......

Yesterday evening whilst eating dinner, she kindly informed me that she had been getting contractions for the best part of the afternoon and they were now getting steadily stronger, but she was happy to stay home until they became unbearable.

She hit the sack about 9 and I followed after Big Bro had finished. 10 mins later and I'm up, dressed and waiting for my Mum to arrive and babysit for us.

11.30pm........ Arrive at the hospital and head for Delivery Suite.

2.00am.......... Back home, no baby yet!! Was told it was start of early labour and being able to relax at home was probably best.

2.30am......... I head to bed. Been up since 4.45am so pretty knackered!

3.30am-ish...... Rudely awoken with the news that she thought her waters had definatly broken, so head back to the hospital.

5.15am........ No baby yet!! Missus is given a room on the ante-natal ward and monitered, I'm sent home again!!

8.00am........ After a bowl of Shreddies, 2 cups of coffee, a chat with my Mum and plenty of cuddles from my daughter, I head for bed again.

9.45am....... Up again, and off to the hospital (visiting hours are 10 till 12).

2.00pm......... Pair of us sent home again!!! The contractions had eased, and the baby was only 1 to 2 cm dilated.

Have driven about 150 miles today and had almost 3 hours sleep since yesterday, and would give anything to stop the pain my missus is currently in. :(

Thanks for listening........ :)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I feel for you both Matt. Our 1st was similar, waters broke at about 10 in the evening (had just gone to bed), into hospital, I'm sent home at about 2am, back in at 7 after a couple of hours of sleep, finally delivered at about 4pm.

2nd was not much better either.

Hope all goes well and not too much more waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
been there twice matt,eyes like rissoles in the snow,it's worth it,good luck to you both and junior when she /he arrives.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Awwww - i know its hard watching your missus, but the little one will make it all worth while.

Maybe your baby was waiting to come along in a new month ;)

Good luck to you all and post a little piccie when she's ventured into the world xx

O

·
0 Posts
My youngest is 5 today, we had similar 'problems' with him...... he's an absolute gem now:d

All the best Matt and pass our regards on to the missus :)

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys and girl ;)

The Missus is booked to see a consultant on Monday, who's going to book her in to be induced on Thursday, so unless things happen this weekend, it looks like she's got almost another week of discomfort :(

SB...... pics will be posted as soon as I can :)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
My youngest was 18 today and she was 8 days late and induced, just relax and see if nature takes its course, the wait will be worth it, good luck :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Yes that is so true Donald, and it can be a long wait but well worth it :)
Thank you moi,i do not wish to be able to give birth and all Lady's get my respect for this wonderful thing that they do and go through for for us men,The most wonderful time of my life was watching both my children coming into this world.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Your in our thoughts Matt...we are currently awaiting the birth of our fourth grandchild...and it will be a girl too...the first in the family for two generations...as you can imagine we are biting our nails and if I had any hair left I would be pulling it out.

Hope all goes well my friend .

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Congratulations Boney .... Is it not just a great feeling awaiting a new arrival a new life a new adventure their are many great things in life but to my mind nothing beats the arrival of a child ..

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts