Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm always having a joke with people who ask me how i lost my left hand, so far i've come up with :
Shark fishing
Black bear arm wrestling
McDonalds was shut
Self harm
Ex wife still has it

If little kids just stare at me in a supermarket, if the parents not looking i put it in my mouth & pretend i've eaten it >:) (now that is 'close to the bone')

The list is endless :grin2: but people believe you :surprise:
don't say to me i don't have a sick sense of humour :wink2:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
You’d be surprised by what offends some people.

Like Ralph as said it’s nothing personal against any specific member but some of the jokes are getting A bit out of line.

You got to realise the forum can’t be held responsible for it seeming like we are allowing offensive and racist comments (jokes).

The racist card can be pulled really easily now by any party and it’s just something that we can’t allow.
I was not countering the original argument, it was the inevitable 'the world has gone soft' rebuke that people showed afterwards. <3

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,235 Posts
I was not countering the original argument, it was the inevitable 'the world has gone soft' rebuke that people showed afterwards. <3
Surprised?
I wasn't.
Cos we are constantly being told by all and sundry that we must not be **ist, that we have to be sensitive to the needs of poor downtrodden groups.
That we must have consideration.
That we are the privileged who have to do penance for the sins of our ancestors or for our accident of birth.
It doesn't matter what race, colour, creed, sexuality or indeed age you are, you must apologise. you must be sensitive, you must not be **ist.

Well, sorry.
I was born into a world where we were open with each other. Where we accepted that we would have the mickey taken out of us cos we were tall or short or a girl or a bloke or the wrong religion or the wrong colour.
And yes we had three bells kicked out of us at times cos we offended the wrong people and kicked three bells out of others who offended us.
And somehow, through all that, we grew up into a world where people laughed, had a joke, were not afraid to open their gob but were sensible enough when to.
Has this sensitivity brought about a better world, like hell it has.
It has brought about a world where common sense is anything but common.
Where a person with a different view can be ripped apart on social media.
Where politicians are scared to deal with any problem that includes an **ist incase they are seen to be **ist
Where what is trending on twitface is somehow more important then real people or real news.
For crying out loud, I was reading the other day that one of the Aldi Christmas adverts has been banned after one person complained.
And I am totally Friar Tucked with the lot.

Sorry, Rant over.
I will not indulge in any jokes in case I offend.
If I have offended, many apologies.
I will accept that the forum owners and hence the administration have to be concerned over the mores of the modern world.

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well said DD,
it's like we now need to hide our views that we lived by as children / teenagers / young adults in this so called free world that we are living in now, i hate it, i can't even say what i want in my own house without the missus pulling me up about it - oh you can't say that ....excuse me but i can & i will
I'm old school & i was brung up in a tough world ... don't ask me to now be soft.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,494 Posts
I am sorry to say that, I personally think that Racism and the whole political correctness movement is the language of Cowardice. People have given, and are still giving, their lives for this country, and other Countries, to have the right of free speech, if I accidentally upset someone by the language I use, I apologise, it is not meant with any malice, if I meant it, you would be under no illusion that it was meant it. I didn’t serve 26 years in this man’s Army to be treated like a schoolboy and have my wrist slapped because I might have caused offence, if I meant to cause offence it would be beyond doubt that was the case, other than that it is banter versus a total and utter screwed up perception, because they wanted to be offended and therefore saw it as offensive – Rant Over

P.S. this has nothing to do with the OP, it is a general rant on that state of current affairs

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,494 Posts
yes indeed, and look, the world changed even with her in it

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
22,247 Posts
Then we got!

Alf Garnett

Love thy Neighbour

Ain't half hot Mum

Curry n Chips

Black n White Minstrel Show

Mind your language

British Empire

Allo Allo

At the time nobody batted an eyelid, then, we'll you know the rest:frown2::nerd:

Oh and I'm not a racist by any means

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
I know that mate and that’s why I stated it wasn’t meant at any one member. Sorry if you thought I was on about you.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,785 Posts
Political correctnes removed many charecters including
Robertons Golly
Barrs Ba Broo & Sandy
2093623193_02baab2a55_b.jpg

post-1-1443268541.jpg

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,785 Posts

Attachments