Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks its soapbox time! We have all noticed that these hallowed pages are full of poor unsuspecting yellow badge owners frantically trying to stop thier dash boards from flashing millions of multi coloured lights at them, warning of impending doom, financial ruin or usually both.
Coupled to this mind bender are the hoards of so called "dealers" who, instead of trying to raise the image of the marque, and raise drivers confidence in the badge, are more than willing to "plug it in to diagnose the fault"then rip your pants off for the repair (till it does it again!!)
Theres only one other business that makes more profit out of fancy flashing lights, Blackpool Council.
Remember those great Clio ads, Nicole and Papa? well it wasn't very good type casting was it- It should have been Chief Air Raid Warden Hodges;-
PUT THAT LIGHT OUT; PUT THAT RUDDY LIGHT OUT!!

OK soapbox away now - sorry.:mad:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
No I can understand your frustrations with your Renault, I have had the same emotions and frustrations with a car not a Renault .

I'm sure you feel better for that and all are more than valid, I'm afraid it is part of today's society where good customer relations pre & post sale's are an exception rather than the norm in all sectors of society..

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
You should feel much better after that Frog - but my local renault dealer is slowly starting to realise that if they don't improve there after-service it will affect sales. They have put an advert in the local paper offering replacement brake for £35 to £45 and replacemnt Laguna rear axle bushes at £150 wheras the RRP is £375 and a full air-con service at £70. From what I see it's an improvement and they recent bad publicity may be starting to hurt.- or maybe they have been looking at this site. I sincerely hope so.:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the feedback folk, yu'nno i'm not really steam spitting pill popping hair pulling over the top crazy lost it mad, I just thought it would be funny to have a pot shot at the silly side of modern motoring. Don't get me wrong- i'd ave another Clio, I like mine, I think. -----
(blimey them pills work!)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Nice rant Sir!:)

It does us all good to have one now and again,I hope you feel better for it.:)

If it's any consolation,Renault are not the only ones with problems with flashing dash lights that predict the end of the world as we know it.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Yeh I know a guy who owns a Mondeo and carries a roll of black insulating tape in the car - every time a warning light comes up he sticks a bit of tape on the display - I've seen his dash with more spots than a dalmation.:rofl:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hey Frog .... Its good to talk ..... just listen'in .....the dealers ... problem is the fleet market ... they just dont need us (the real paying punter) ..... one day I believe they will waken up and realise that its you and me and the likes that actually keeps them in business .... despite them treating us like dog doo on their shoe :steam:

Positive thoughts ... the bus is back in the dealer again .... steering, exhaust heatshield, loose trim, broken seat lumbar adjuster ... :( it was a new car for goodness sake!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yep, It is us the private sales that makes money for the dealer fleet sales are great for the manufacturer.

Mine goes in on monday for some warranty work if it is not resolved quickly then it's bye bye Renault and hello Honda, Which is a pity because the Scenic II is a good all round car in it's segment.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi otto, F-RV is it not ? .... its got that strange 3x3 seating, bit like the Multipla .... have you driven one yet ?

:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi otto, F-RV is it not ? .... its got that strange 3x3 seating, bit like the Multipla .... have you driven one yet ?

:)
Yes I have driven a few in the range also a friend has one, Quite expensive compared to the Scenic II and very hard to get a good discount But superb residuals, and of course Honda reliability speaks for itself.

I just like to explore other avenues, Be prepared.

It is not as practical as a Scenic II not as much space and bits and bobs. Seating does take a while to adjust to not sure I like the idea of someone in the front sitting so close to me while driving it reminded me of a Ford Consul the Family had years ago with bench seats.

I dont have any real concerns with my latest Scenic II, but just feel a bit let down when this is supposed to have better build quality than my 05 Scenic, From your own experiances you know it takes a number of visits to the workshop before any thing is resolved .

I would also rather trade this one while it is fresh and not any on the used forecourts yet.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Yeh I know a guy who owns a Mondeo and carries a roll of black insulating tape in the car - every time a warning light comes up he sticks a bit of tape on the display - I've seen his dash with more spots than a dalmation.:rofl:
I should have done that on my 1990 Mk II Astra. I got about 20K trouble-free miles out of it from new, and then the ECU warning light came on. It would do it at least once every few weeks, seemingly at random. The ECU never stored a fault code, and the dealer had the bare faced cheek to practically call me a liar.

In the early days, I'd do what the manual said and stop the car. After a while, I just started to think "Well it's still under warranty and the dealer's been told repeatedly. If it blows up, it's their problem."

Not that I was ever sure what the ECU did on this car, as the engine still ran using the good old carburettor and distributor. The ECU did function as a rev limiter (cutting the spark if you revved it too high, which was handy as the car didn't have a rev counter) but apart from that, it seemed to do absolutely nothing apart from light the little yellow light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks alot everyone!! I'd been brewing that whinge up for quite a while before I let go of it, glad it got so many interesting feedbacks! It was a good point thought wasn't it? Got to go- I feel another comming on. Frog.:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
ottoman;187011 Mine goes in on Monday for some warranty work if it is not resolved quickly then it's bye bye Renault and hello Honda said:
Well the Scenic is still in the workshop keeping it in overnight to see how it is in the morn ?

Jeez nothing simple with Renault garages eh

Mr Honda might be getting my trade sooner than I thought.

It is obviously more patriotic to buy Japanese than French crazy as it seems, Honda build in Britain Renault do not

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 18 of 18 Posts