Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all as you are all so helpful i wonder if you can help me with these two questions?
1, how do you reset the trip computer ?
2 i have a pioneer six disc cd changer that was just in a bag in the boot it has a very long lead and a small plug with a red and a black wire (looks like this has been cut as there is no plug on the other end and the wires are only a couple of inches long) now where are they meant to plug into? and there is nothing on the cassette player to say it can switch between cd tape or radio (usually you have an aux or cd switch)
could it be that someone has just put this in the boot hoping to get it to work?

sorry to go on ,hope someone can help
warren

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Welcome, not had an espace b4, but on all other renaults that i have had there is no aux button as such you have to use the source button which should be marked SRC, to toggle between cd/radio/tape etc.
to reset the trip comp just push and hold the stalk on the odometer-like the old fashioned trip reset stalks, once again never had a espace but this was the case for my meganes/lagunas and clios right upto my 2003 model, if im wrong someone else will give you some more upto guidance

unsure about the radio wires

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
The Espace III or "New Generation" where it had a Cd-Changer fitter, it was in the boot LHS storage panel, it also had a Pioneer remote control.
If I remember you changed the source using the remote control, and well as the button that looked like a record stylus on the steering remote.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
trip reset

Hi

Not sure about the radio wiring, but the reset is done by holding the button at the end of the windscreen wiper arm in for a few seconds, you also use the same button (but with the key in auxillary position) to change the display from Mph to Kph if you happen to be going abroad in it!

Regs

Mole :driving:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Hi

Not sure about the radio wiring, but the reset is done by holding the button at the end of the windscreen wiper arm in for a few seconds, you also use the same button (but with the key in auxillary position) to change the display from Mph to Kph if you happen to be going abroad in it!

Regs

Mole :driving:
does that apply to all renaults?? handy too know

·
Registered
15 Posts
reset

does that apply to all renaults?? handy too know
Hi Darth510

Sorry, I can't answer that, I have only ever driven/owned the Espace, maybe someone else may read this thread and be able to answer that, my guess though, it would be quite likely, I gather the electronic displays are most likely to be manufactured by the same company?

Regards

Mole :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts