Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has just hit me now.....ok i have had a drink but still just reading the amount of threads with problems with renault car why are people still buying them?

don't get me wrong i love my megane but the starting problem pisses me off big time.

i think it is just the french what about you???:confused:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Completely agree - there are pressures on all parties which can impact on the pleasure (or otherwise) when owning a car;
Manufacturers are under pressure from journalists and the motoring public to come up with new & novel ideas (many of which could do with more development), but there is a need to get the product onto the market before competitors copy the concepts.
Dealers work on quite tight margins (what with the growth of the internet and car supermarkets), it is their Sales Departments which are (wrongly) perceived as generating income - when in fact, its the After Sales Departments (Service & Parts) which really influence customer loyalty.
Customers have become more exacting in what they will and won't accept - what was happening in the States ten years ago (Lemon Laws, consumer bodies, compensation, etc) all mean that our standards are higher, and our patience is less.

None of the above is intended to criticise, its just an interpretation of how the game has moved on.

All manufacturers have problems - I used to work for Ford, and one fault which was (and most likely still is) rife was water ingress - I cannot think of one model which wasn't affected to some extent. All cars can have faults-its the satisfaction they give when the faults aren't present, and how good the back-up is to resolve any faults (when they occur) which is most important.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Absolutely agree,Paul.:)

Every manufacturer has faults,but it's how these faults are remedied that counts........Renault haven't really grasped this fact yet.:rolleyes:

Renault aren't the best on reliability by a long way,but they have introduced a lot of new technology on their cars and any new things will bring problems.The problem is the amount of toys and safety features that come as standard on Renaults are what attract some people to buy one in the first place.....

Renault hope to move up market with their range in the future,a move which I don't particularly agree with,but they are going to have to improve their dealer network,their cars and their general attitude if they are going to make it a success.

Also,as said before,this is a forum and we only usually get messages from people with problems!.There aren't many who join the forum to say what a great car their Renault has been!!:)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
this has just hit me now.....ok i have had a drink but still just reading the amount of threads with problems with renault car why are people still buying them?
In a nutshell? Safety and Spec.

In the case of the Laguna, where else could I pick up a car that was loaded with almost every concievable extra for just the wrong side of 20K?

In the case of the Clio, in 2002 at least when we bought our first, it was about the only car in its class to offer ABS as standard throughout the range, let alone EBD and four airbags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts