Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

First post and sorry it has to be a question. Have just joined as I'm thinking about getting a Laguna V6.

Had a look at one yesterday (a 2001 V6 Privilige estate with 26k miles) and took it for a test drive.

Fantastic and all was well until I went to try the 'manual' bit of the tiptronic. Lever would not move to the left to go into that mode. Nothing would budge it. Sensing problems, I drove it straight back.

Dealer said he hadn't noticed the problem! I told him that my instinct was to walk away. He said he would take it to a local Renault shop to have the problem sorted.

Please, does anyone have knowledge of this problem? Is it an easy fix or mega bucks? Is it a sign of bad things to come?

Should I run? I'd be grateful for any info on this.

Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i would wait and see whats what when the garage has had the repair done then take it back out for a test drive and see if all is well.I would also ask to see the receipt that he will indeed get if he takes it to be repaired.Welcome to the forum all the best Donald

All cars break down and have problems one way or another so do not let it put you off just make sure that all is done and in order and you get a warranty with it and check to see if there has also been good service history in its life.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

I would not purchase any vehicle without an extensive warranty, Any repairs needing done to the car's gearbox can be very expensive to repair.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Many thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I take it that this problem is not one regularly encountered?

Dealer states he will contact me when work has been done, at which time, I'll have another test drive. In the meantime, there another couple of cars to look at :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris. Just waiting now for them to get back to me.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, they got it fixed and after going for a test drive today, she runs like a dream. So much so, it was deal done and I'll be picking her up on Wednesday

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Well, they got it fixed and after going for a test drive today, she runs like a dream. So much so, it was deal done and I'll be picking her up on Wednesday
Good news and thanks for the feedback.

As stated above make sure you have an extensive warranty just in case.

Hope all goes well on Wednesday:)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.

I got a decent enough extensive warranty plus the guaranteed work done by Renault on the shift problem.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm now an official Renault owner. Picked her up this afternoon and have spent the rest of the day playing

Have loved finding little nuggets such as the air conditioned glove box and the neat sunglass holder above the door

Am now off to read through the hand book (sad git that I am).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts