Independent Renault Forums banner

K4M Camshaft Identification.

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lincolnjika 
#1 ·
Hi all I need your help on this one please.

My father in laws 01 megane cab had a water pump seizure causing the head to overheat, he had a neighbours friend who owns a local garage have a look, who stripped in down saying that in needed the head skimming and a new water pump and timing belt and wanted nearly £900 to do so.

Thinking that this was a well overpriced estimate I decided to do it have had the head skimmed and sourcing all the parts I have noticed in the large box of bits that have been returned to me two items that I cannot seemed to find a home for and that identification of the camshafts should according to the haynes manual be marked AM for inlet and EM for outlet.
On looking at the cams one is marked A and the other has an E so can I assume that these are A for inlet and E for outlet.
(these letters are in a short serial number and not just stamped on there own)

Also another question I can see that these cams can be timed 180' out, so with working on the number 1 piston being TDC with the keyway on the crank at 12 oclock how do I get the cams in the correct position?????

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.