Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cut a long story short rebuilt this engine twice,1st time 16 bent valves,2nd time 8 bent outlet...but will not start it seems to be turning fast,got spark ,fuel and compression,the battery very low so been on / off charger..any ideas welcome thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
im not 100% sure sorry, i did the same on a older corolla i had and it blew the fuse ontop of the battery connection, however then i had no power to anything so i wouldnt say you did, maby someone with more knowlege of k4m will say. hows your timing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
set timing with the locking kit then rotated twice by hand and everything ok..its the engine turning very fast when starting which cant understand..thinking of bump starting it..but i will check tdc first

·
Registered
57 Posts
good idea with the bump start, maby a bit of dirt on the tdc worth testing or cleaning. engine turning over too fast is normally if not always compression, i know you said you checked but if all else fails id check again. tj

or you could try hand crank it over a few times. Remove all the plugs and crank it over by hand a few more times. How much easier was it with the plugs out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.