Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all of you..
i have found in Megane and Clio with the k9k (1.5dci) engines two different crankshafts....well, they are not different except for one thing. On flywheel side of the crankshaft there is a positioning (center) for the flywheel. this is aprox. diam. 47mm.
In the center are two options:
1- there is only 16mm hole for the drive shaft of the gear box
2- it is a two step hole, first diam. 40mm/13mm deep and then the same 16mm hole for the drive shaft.
Renault only supplies the latter 2-shape crank but i can not find anywhere which crank is put in which k9k engine. it looks like it is random but i cannot believe that.
any one who knows ?? somebody who swaps engines must have seen this also.
thanks.....

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,432 Posts
I would imagine it depends which gearbox was fitted but only a guess a 65 bhp engine would be fitted with a different box than a 100 bhp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine it depends which gearbox was fitted but only a guess a 65 bhp engine would be fitted with a different box than a 100 bhp.

same thing i thought but according to renault data there is only one crankshaft reference. I thought is was related to a 5 and 6speed box but no clear identification.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,432 Posts
Maybe the counter bored one is a mod to help the gear box locate easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What i found is that the 6-speed gearbox needs this space to fit correctly. but i would like to know how do i know which engine has this mod without disassembling the engine or gearbox. If it is not identified by Renault, then i can not buy engines based on engine code (ie k9k-720). I always need to see the crank before swapping or replacing. From which engine code Renault made this mod? or from which car model year ?? any data available to identify this?
If you buy a reman engine (based on engine code) you do not know if you get a mod crank or a small hole crank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.