Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a k9k engine it started hard the first time but afterwards it starts nice bt there is no acceleration as soon as you accelerate it dies on your foot i have changed almost everthing don't know were to check
now

Registered
clio 1.5 dci 2012
Hi welcome to the forum 馃槂 I am no mechanic lol !! but i remember having a similar problem with a car years ago and i think it was the air breather sensor ? , but if it starts fine and dies once under pressure then it may be its not getting enough air as was the problem with the car i had ?

Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4M761, DPO
I have done a k9k engine it started hard the first time but afterwards it starts nice bt there is no acceleration as soon as you accelerate it dies on your foot i have changed almost everthing don't know were to check
now
"everything"?................... what all is that?

Does that include the diesel filter?

Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4M761, DPO
I did an overhaul then i changed the diesel and oil filters bt that was after it overheated beacause i busted the radiator
So did you swap the engine for the exact same code original engine? ............... or is that not what you did?

Registered
Just because you've changed parts. It doesn't mean that those parts will work as intended. Issues with sensors can go unnoticed at a manufacturer level. The only way to be able to fully tell whats going on, is via live data readings. So we can tell if it's Air or Fuel related.

As LvR is heading towards. I would imagine it's starved of fuel. So is all air out of the fuel lines? Obviously I have to ask you these questions. As you have swapped engines, which means the fuel system was open to air while you were swapping engines.

Also like LvR mentioned. Did you swap your engine with the exact engine code? My 2 cars at K9K628. So does the numbers match identically?

Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
you have reconnected the cam sensor, situated just to the side of the alternator on the plastic timing belt cover

1 - 10 of 10 Posts