Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Ive a 56 kadjar and tonight i keep getting a warning that the drivers door is open and i could not lock my car.

I noticed a squidgy button on where the door closes and ive managed to tape it down for now for the sake of locking my car and getting interior lights to go off.

Any ideas how i can fix this myself?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,269 Posts
You've found the problem area.
That squidgy button is not being pushed in.
Though by the sound of it, the switch (door closed) is working if taping it down sorted it.

Which means the door is not pushing it properly.
Is the door closing fully, door and bodywork level with each other or is the door slightly proud?

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,713 Posts
Hello. Ive a 56 kadjar and tonight i keep getting a warning that the drivers door is open and i could not lock my car.

I noticed a squidgy button on where the door closes and ive managed to tape it down for now for the sake of locking my car and getting interior lights to go off.

Button on door jam..sound like a dodgy sensor/switch..normally held in place with a single screw..if so undo it and pull out and see if its a dodgy connection [corrosion]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've found the problem area.
That squidgy button is not being pushed in.
Though by the sound of it, the switch (door closed) is working if taping it down sorted it.

Which means the door is not pushing it properly.
Is the door closing fully, door and bodywork level with each other or is the door slightly proud?
Yes it is fully closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Had the same thing happen to me after jamming seat belt in the door. The local Renault dealer gave me a tip of taking the rubber seal off the switch and putting a dust cap inside the rubber and re fitting it not had a problem since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts