Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a newbie to the forum trying to figure out whats wrong with my previous kangoo after my current one gave up at 189k miles.

the van is a 2001 1.9 dti kangoo 89k miles which has been sitting in my yard for a few years after the turbo went, i had it replaced last year with a recondition one and after replacement it emits white smoke very badly but it does drive quite well, this caused me to give up on it. i decided to give it another go, it started up first time, gave it a good drive but still emits alot of smoke, it doesn't seem to be using oil and the smoke smells like normal exhaust gas. any ideas to the cause?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Could be with it just been stood a while give it a few week if the engines running smoothly and everything's ok then I wouldn't worry too much. But see what others say.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,735 Posts
Was it the old engine oil in the exhaust thats burning from initial turbo failure, if you are not losing,using oil then as Charlie wrote, use the van, if it is from the old turbo oil, then it could take a while now it's stood to burn the oil out of the exhaust

1 - 3 of 3 Posts