Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm a little concerned about my '98 Kangoo 1.9 D55 van.
For a while now it's been a bit stiff when going into 1st gear. Normal driving gear changes seem ok but when I stop at a junction and put it into 1st it sometimes is a bit stiff.
Also I've noticed a gradual loss of power, like when going uphill and such and recently I've been wondering if there is a problem with the clutch as the biting point sems quit high and it doesn't seem very happy especially in reverse. Kinda feels like it may be slipping a little?

Today I tried putting it in gear then releasing the handbrake and pushing. I could push it forward. It was on a gentle slope but surely I shouldn't be able to do that?

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be happening here please?

Thanks very much Guys
Henrietta

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm a little concerned about my '98 Kangoo 1.9 D55 van.
For a while now it's been a bit stiff when going into 1st gear. Normal driving gear changes seem ok but when I stop at a junction and put it into 1st it sometimes is a bit stiff.
Also I've noticed a gradual loss of power, like when going uphill and such and recently I've been wondering if there is a problem with the clutch as the biting point sems quit high and it doesn't seem very happy especially in reverse. Kinda feels like it may be slipping a little?

Today I tried putting it in gear then releasing the handbrake and pushing. I could push it forward. It was on a gentle slope but surely I shouldn't be able to do that?

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be happening here please?

Thanks very much Guys
Henrietta
To me it does sound like the clutch could be slipping.
Pull the hand brake, select 1st gear and try pulling away if the engine revs up and doesnt want to stall the clutch is likely slipping

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I tried pulling away with the handbrake on and it did stall. I have noticed that everything judders as I pull away. I do know that one of my engine mountings needs replacing as it was mentioned in my last test but I feel that maybe it's a problem with the clutch?

Is there any room for adjustment anywhere to try mayby to see if that makes any difference or will that just cause more problems?

Not really looking forward to having to replace the clutch at the mo!

Henrietta

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
If you pull the clutch pedal upwards, hard, it should reset the ratchet, which may make a difference, I think best bet is to take it to someone knowledgeable to check it for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok ta..
Thought that might be the general way it would go. Don't think I want to be messing with it

Cheers
Henrietta

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
No I haven't tried resetting the rachet.
I'll go and give it a try now. I guess it's the yanking up of the pedal as you mentioned before?

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Hi,
No I haven't tried resetting the rachet.
I'll go and give it a try now. I guess it's the yanking up of the pedal as you mentioned before?
Yes it yanking the pedal up.
It may not help, but you wont know unless you try

1 - 8 of 8 Posts