Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a slight misfire on my 01 kangoo and its beginning to get a bit annoying . Ive tried a redox fuel treatment but it hasn't helped much :confused: any ideas !!!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
it's really difficult to say, as diesels don't "misfire" as such, the fuel input can stall, through air bubbles or pump faults, or you can have a leaking valve or cylinder meaning compression loss, but the latter is less likely to be intemittant.

I'd check the fuel filter and maybe bleed the fuel system to check for an air leak.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's really difficult to say, as diesels don't "misfire" as such, the fuel input can stall, through air bubbles or pump faults, or you can have a leaking valve or cylinder meaning compression loss, but the latter is less likely to be intemittant.

I'd check the fuel filter and maybe bleed the fuel system to check for an air leak.

had a look at the fuel system today and bleed it though the top of the filler with the pump on the side there did seam to bee air in the system . im going long drive tomorrow so i will see if has helped ...

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Without knowing the exact engine type it is dificult to say but if the engine has an EGR valve which is malfunctioning it can cause poor performance in the mid-range rpm band.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its been checked and is working ok .... ive now disconnected the maf which i was told is above the egr and it seams to be running a lot better so it must be to do with that in some way ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts