Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2001 1.9d kangoo van with the fly by wire pump.its not intermittent its every time i start it,it doesn't rev it starts fine just wont rev then i turn it off start it again and it revs up no problems.weird!!! .:confused: .
so i was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and found a cure for it.
could it be a immobiliser issue or the throttle potentiometer playing up ???????.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope not yet thought id try here first.ive got no engine management light on but when i start it the first time and it doesn't rev up, the glow light comes bk on and stays on until i turn it off and start it again then it goes out and drives normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I've got a similar problem with my 55 plate traffic 1.9dci.

Starts fine, ticks over but then won't rev.
It does'nt matter if I switch off and start again its just the same. It doe'snt happen all the time, i'd say about 80%.
When it happens it then sits ticking over from anything between 10 seconds and 10 minutes before it then revs and off you go.

I've taken it to my local garage today, who have a multi scan diagnostics and know their stuff.
No codes showed up.

Also he showed my the diagnostic read out while he pressed the pedal and it showed the throttle moving up to 100%.
So the ECU knows the throttles moving but somehow the engine is'nt getting the message.

Phil

·
Registered
14 Posts
nope not yet thought id try here first.ive got no engine management light on but when i start it the first time and it doesn't rev up, the glow light comes bk on and stays on until i turn it off and start it again then it goes out and drives normal.
Did you fix it? I have exactly the same problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope not yet still a mystery but i still think its something to do with the whole throttle system, fly by wire rubbish.
why bother what was wrong with a throttle cable ????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope not yet still a mystery to me.
still think its something to do the the crappy fly by wire throttle system.
whats wrong withe the good old throttle cable ????

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive got the same pump and had it read on a bosch KTS and a snap on, both gave out the wrong diagnostics, i took it to renault and had it read on a CLIP and got DF codes if i were you i would do the same it cost £49.99 but i got a full report and it told me totaly different things to the other readers

go to my post http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=120389 and see the difference between the diagnostics

regards Carl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had same problem on 1.9 traffic,replaced 2 pin solenoid on high pressure pump cured it.its held on with 3 small torx bolts,10 euro from breaker mad money from dealer hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem as you guys.

Mine starts second time and runs ok until I want to stop and restart, that's when the trouble starts.

It Kangaroo's down the road (excuse the pun) and starts to get what I call injector slap noise and build up of fumes in cockpit and smokes a lot.

Next day it's fine and we start over.

If I find a cure I will post it.

Haven't got much confidence though, otherwise our mechanics with all their knowledge and equipment would have told us by now.
You see, it could be this or it could be that. Sound familiar!!!

It's like: Ever decreasing circles!!!

Good luck!! :devil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the same problem and when I am driving up through the gears when I back off the accelerator the engine judders like its being starved of fuel. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Dave.:crazy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all. Not able to post new thread, so i use this. Almost similar problem. I have a 2002 1.9d D65 kangoo. Starts fine, but wont rev. Only if i hold the pedal in for a while. Then it will rev, but i can’t drive like this. Check engine light is on all the time. Help is much appreciated.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,926 Posts
First simplest cheapest test is to check the electrical connector
on top of the pedal unit see if it is connected properly and the
connections are clean.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,926 Posts
All the ones I have seen are on the actual throttle pedal unit,
though I believe some are connected by a short wire and are
inside the engine compartment, I have never seen one of