Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
Are you back to a Non starter again here.. ( Off the key ) ..even after a bump start,
Can you bump it in again, Wait for it to warm up

WHATS this Green wire for, and where does it come from and go to
( you will need to really explain this even if the van has not just had this added )

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Are you back to a Non starter again here.. ( Off the key ) ..even after a bump start,

Can you bump it in again, Wait for it to warm up

WHATS this Green wire for, and where does it come from and go to
( you will need to really explain this even if the van has not just had this added )
Hi ...after bump starting and waiting for engine to warm up it starts fine on the key.
The green wire is attached to glow plug and at other end is sealed with tape which i can remove to connect direct to battery...However when I tried this yesterday the engine barely turned over and didnt start..
Just noticed air bubbles in fuel line so guess I didnt prime it adequately...Will re prime it later today

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
you will always get air in a diesel system,
More noticeable just after cranking or when engine is idling
so how long after switching off, does it become a non starter off the key...

Has this engine done a lot of miles, is it any good on fuel.

Do you have a can of easy start..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It starts off the key (once warm) for 45minutes....maybe longer...I will leave it now for 1.5 hrs and see if it restarts.
Only has 100k miles...pretty good on fuel ...Havent been able to find any easy start locally yet...will try online...
just drove it 30miles after a bump start...sounded like it had a few spanners in it and had a lack of power going uphill...
Interestingly during that drive i stopped and restarted with the key and noticed that the glow plug light came on with ignition and another yellow light near it that looked like WW but yellow...not seen the WW before and havent seen glow plug light on since the problem started 3wks ago....It was mistakenly filled with petrol 2 months back...petrol sucked out and refilled with diesel.
20200330_124428 (2).jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just to recap engine noise and lack of power problems started exactly the same time that glow plug dash light stopped appearing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts