Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with an kangoo 1.9 dTi 2001 it is as follows
1. Was driving it home from my auto shop after service, purring like a kitten, then a about 5 km from house when I stop at light it stopped running , and should not start.
2. Took it back to shop and they looked at it said injector pump is good and 2 injectors are bad replaced and the other two where replaced last year.
3.Now the car starts but it's a hard start taking a while to get it going once started it runs great.
4. Now been reading that some time the battery might be the problem it is 6 years hold and only 600 cranking amps when new and was told by dealer that the battery should be 770 cranking amps

Now my mechanic and me are really stumb on this anyone have an ideal at all ,
Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,755 Posts
Did they change the fuel filter? if so are there any air leaks
on it or its connections?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Have you checked the fuel priming bulb is solid ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes new glow plugs were installed at service and on the battery the old one is still in the car it's rated at 600 cranking amps and the new one I ordered which is coming today is rated at 770 cranking amps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay on this matter , found out some new information, white smoke is coming out of tail pipe when starting , and I did receive a new battery yesterday 770 cranking amps to replace the 6 year old battery which was 600 cranking amps , also thinking that the glow plugs did go south when the 2 injectors failed when driving home, told by the person working on the car that the two injectors over heated and burned ,

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,735 Posts
Re check fuel filter... You are getting air in the system, hence the white smoke..
Are yours push in connectors, screw on type filter, or..
Is it possible to take a photo of your fuel filter and post, then we can see what type has been fitted...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will the car is still in the shop and be on vacation for a week so photo in not able at this time. But installed was a new frame fuel filer and I did notice air in the line when I pumped the bulb on the fuel line

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,735 Posts
Some fuel filters on the DTI, have a push in connector in the centre of the filter.
Held in place by an R clip, the plastic that holds the pipes on, then gets pushed into the filter, this cracks, allows no fluid out, but allows air in..
Have a look at your one the next time you get chance, if that type is fitted. Mention it to the mechanic,,,,,...
He might not have come across it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts