Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glass cracked and now only half left on N/S front fog light so I'll have to replace whole unit (i.e not just the bulb). Do I have to remove the front bumper to replace ? Can't find enough info. re. how to take out old unit and fit new one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Hi

It might be possible to do this from inside the wheel arch with the liner removed, but unless you can get the van high enough you are really going to struggle.

It would be easier just to remove the front bumper. I've not done a Kangoo, but on both the Clio and Megane it is relatively easy.

Row of 10 mm bolts (the ones you undo to remove the belly tray when doing oil change) Front sections of the wheel arch liners, these can be just loosened enough to access the couple of torx screws that have to come out, then on the top : along the front of the slam panel there are a few of those plastic clips that you pop up the centers to remove. Then get someone to help you remove the bumper (not that its heavy but its big and you don't want to scratch the paint) . Don't forget inside behind the LH wheel arch liner is the wiring plug for the fogs you need to und do this plug BEFORE removing the bumper, and re connect it after or they still wont work !.

Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts