Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a way to clip down the aerial, on my wife's Kangoo, so that the car can be put in the garage at night.
I've tried shorter aerials but the Kangoo radio fitted cannot be "trimmer tuned" to compensate for a shorter aerial (I understand?) and therefore the loss of signal quality rules this out.
Changing for a new radio might be OK if I knew what to buy? Whatever it was would have to integrate with the dash panel setup.

However, there used to be a clip device which allowed car owners to pin the aerial close to the roof profile.
Anyone know of such a thing these days?

Any advice welcomed.

tedc

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i have down sized my Arial to a 6 inch and have no problems with signal at all but i did pay good money for it i hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i have down sized my Arial to a 6 inch and have no problems with signal at all but i did pay good money for it i hope this helps
Thanks for that. I tried a beesting aerial and a 6 inch rod.
Trouble is that the radio does not appear to have an aerial trimmer. Did yours?

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi tedc. totally sympathetic! whenever i want to put my kangoo in the garage i have to unscrew the aerial so that it can fit . pain in the...as a result, i don't always put it away. keep meaning to scour scrap yards for a shorter aerial, but i keep forgetting. 'trimmer tuned' is a new term for me. never knew that. all i know is that even when i don't screw the aerial back in i can still pick up the stronger stations(radio 2), not perfectly, but acceptable.
i have, once or twice, tied the tip to the roof bars. if you have roof bars, might work for you. but it looks silly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts