Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a Kangoo Expression 1.6 Petrol automaticwhich has been adapted for disabled use. Hand controls were fitted but now removed and I drive in the normal manner. I have found that the foot brake reacts very sharply, violently, to anything but the lightest pressure causing the car to make what amounts to an emergency stop each time. Is this normal for the Kangoo car and can it be changed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information I have this looked at. The effect to which I refer is rather like throwing a switch and the brakes fully apply. Can this be caused by alteration to a switch?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
If you happen to know who did the conversion why not give them a ring and ask what if anything they do to the brake system. A servo with a smaller diameter piston would make the brakes lighter maybe they have done something like that to reduce the effort needed to shop the car with hand controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ralph, unfortunately I am dealing through a third party, they did ask the original converter and was told nothing was changed! Now making arrangements for Renault to look at it on a rolling road - I think there could be something in what you say as the accelerator pedal is also very, very, responsive - scarely so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. The local Renault garage checked it out. Nearside rear brakes were binding but brake cyclinder was ropy. Offside brake cylinder seized vup0 and leaking fluid. Has been fixed under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.