Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 03 kangoo keeps locking itself after i have unlocked it, mainly first thing in the morning.
keen to fix it before i lock the keys in it.

any ideas where to start looking for the fault????
thanks carl

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Kangoo central locking activates when I close nearside rear sliding door. Found if I press in the button for the interior light, on the same door, this is the cause. Any ideas please? Shot curcuit, bad earth?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Carlos21, This is not the obvious is it? You have about 30 seconds or so to open a door once you unlock your car otherwise it relocks. This designed into the car and is to prevent accidentally leaving car unlocked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that could be the problem peter i will monitor it and see, is it possible to disable this feature as would prefer to be in control of the locks meself. main worry is the van locking the keys inside.
thanks carl

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
If the van is ex-British Gas (or similar) then the locking is modified to do this I think,theres a couple of threads on here all about it from memory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should be impossible to lock your keys in as you have to have the key in your hand to unlock, then you would have to open the door to put the keys in the vehicle. Once you open the door the relocking function should be de-activated. But Renault do advise not to leave the key in the car when all the doors are shut. Hope that helps. Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.