Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been looking at an ex post office Kangoo 1.5 dci. The clutch seemed very hard to depress, not so much stiff as exceedingly heavily sprung. The seller claimed that 'they're all like that'. Is this so and is there any way of easing it?

I'd also be grateful if anyone can tell me the cam belt replacement interval for this engine.

Thanks very much,

stev

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi stev(e?). i would say that the clutch IS slightly more heavily sprung than your average car! when i tried my brother-in-laws fiat stilo, it felt like there was nothing there, after the kangoo's clutch! and then when i drove my kangoo straight after that, the kangoo's then felt even heavier...! you get used to it. i only notice the difference if i use someone else's car. however, i suppose that you should check that the 'heaviness' isn't due to a snagging clutch cable . no 'grating' feeling apon depression?
i've mis-placed my service booklet, or i could have told you cam-belt service intervals. it's somewhere in the house.......

anyway,hope you get a good 'un, if you do get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks pizzaman. I've tried a few others since and they weren't as bad, so it looks like that one had problems. I've now bought one and so far it looks like a keeper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts