Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone advise on the replacement of the diesel fuel filter..? dci70 1.5 .
how often should one drain the water? and how often replace.
Also does the black plastic unit with the 3 pipes on top get replaced complete? :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try and answer my own question... anyone with knowledge.. please put me right!.
I see in the manual it says .. "every 10000kms water must be drained from the filter, if it is not replaced."

I take it the filter is the black plastic octopus looking thing that sits in the engine compartment on the left side, and to drain the water one pumps the rubber ball next to, it prior to loosening the drain plug underneath the filter??? If the ball is not pumped vigorously the pipes seem to suck air..
fuel then sprays out from the drain in order to kill the grass.. and anoy the misses? Presumably the water is blown off at the same time...?

·
Registered
75 Posts
it's every 36000 the fuel filter should be changed. dunno if it's the same as mine, but mine was a complete unit-not a separate filter to put into a unit.pretty easy job. lots of pumping to prime the hoses after, though.
yep, loosen the drain at the bottom, then squeeze the pump. if you're getting fuel coming out then you've probably got rid of the water(if any). so, STOP. (water heavier than fuel, so will be at bottom of filter)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts