Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had to remove my instrument cluster to get access to an aftermarket fit cobra alarm, since refitting the cluster, i do not get the red immobiliser light flashing and the engine will not start, i have checked all fuses, and done a battery reset, the central locking does not work either, can anyone help. The vehicle is a 1998 kangoo van 1.9 diesel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, had to remove my instrument cluster to get access to an aftermarket fit cobra alarm, since refitting the cluster, i do not get the red immobiliser light flashing and the engine will not start, i have checked all fuses, and done a battery reset, the central locking does not work either, can anyone help. The vehicle is a 1998 kangoo van 1.9 diesel.
was the codra wired to the immobiliser or just an alarm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, the cobra alarm is not wired to the immobiliser at all, i'm wondering if un-plugging the instrument cluster causes problems, also noticed that the central locking switch has stopped working also, does it share a common ecu?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try the plugs on the back of the instrument cluster they may not have gone back in just right
hi, i have checked the 4 connections on the back of the cluster several times, everything works fine apart from the immobiliser led, and the fact that it cranks but wont start, does anyone know how to bypass this so i can get the engine running to take it to a dealer to diagnose further. A set of circuit diagrams would be very usefull, Haynes don't make one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi, i have checked the 4 connections on the back of the cluster several times, everything works fine apart from the immobiliser led, and the fact that it cranks but wont start, does anyone know how to bypass this so i can get the engine running to take it to a dealer to diagnose further. A set of circuit diagrams would be very usefull, Haynes don't make one.
immobiliser bilt into ecu
as for the wiring there are too many to list for each engine spec. each engine may have up to 20 diagrames

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you ever sort this fault out? I have the exact same fault on my 1998 Megane 1.6 16v RXE - ref. no immobiliser LED & no central locking. The engine turns over but does'nt fire up...or if any one else could shed light on this I would be grateful.
Don't want to give you a sob story but just shelled out for a new turbo on my 2003 2.0T petrol Espace so could do with keeping the cost down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts