Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,i have a 2002 auto 1.4 Kangoo, the problem i have is the N/S sliding door lock will not work. i have checked the Fuel filler cap and the magnet is there. on the O/S sliding door there are two contacts in the Pillar that the door uses for the locking, i put a meter on those and when the key is operated the meter shows a reading.
On the N/S door pillar there are three contacts, and no matter what combination i try i cannot get a reading on the volt meter when the key fob is operated. What is the 3rd contact for and could the problem still be the fuel reed switch is faulty even though the magnet is in place.
Any help on this will be much appreciated.:confused:

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
there is two door solenoids for the near side, the magnet wiring on some models goes to a relay in the rear compartment, you could take of the door card and remove the safety solenoid and use the door locks as normal, it could be the solenoid for the door lock but you can test these with the door card off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, you say look at the solenoids in the door but there seems to be no power to the door, the contacts on the central pillar will not give a reading when key fob operated, but do on N/S door.

Cheers Kangoo-John.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.