Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 03 Kangoo didn't start the other week. RAC couldn't fix it neither could my mobile mechanic.
The engine is sparking but won't start.
The Renault garage have had it for over a week now and still can't diagnose what the problem is. I spoke to them today and they said they think it may be the fuel injectiion system and something about too much fuel getting into the engine. Does this sound plausable? I know nothing about cars and would accept anything i am told.
I also got a new key a week before this happened and had both keys recoded. Would my prob have anything to do with this?
Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Kangoo start probs.,

Hi Wilfi - sorry to hear of your probs., It's highly unlikely the new keys would cause the problem. As it appears to be sparking OK it's sounds very like a fuel problem. And yes too much fuel can be just as bad as getting too little. It sounds very much like a electronic control fault. There are a number of possibilities such as faulty Lambda sensor, TDC sensor, etc. If it is a renault garage I would expect their diagnostic equipment to pick up the fault. As a matter of interest is there any chance you bought some of the faulty fuel from Tesco or others who supplied contaminated fuel over the past number of weeks. Hope you get it sorted soon and keep us updated of any progress or lack thereof.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I wish it was the contaminated fuel, the length of time they have had it so far makes me worried that its something more sinister.
I will let you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just found out that there is a leak in the fuel injection system. 2 injectors are leaking, apparently they have never seen this on a Kangoo before. Because it has only 45000 on the clock Renault have agreed to pay 30% towards the repair.
I will still have to stump up £600 though

·
Registered
1 Posts
kangoo non starter

My kangoo (52 plate) went wrong a week ago now, i was driving along and the engine started speeding up. as it happens the road was clear being 6am so i didnt have the difficulty of traffic. i pulled it over in to a layby and it continued to rev to 6500rpm, not good in a kangoo diesel. i switched off the engine, diesels not needing a spark to continue, it continued so i had to stall the engine in 5th gear.
took it to the garage, no1 fuel injector is broken in the open position, spraying fuel in at 2000psi. the diagnostic meant a repair costing upto £700 for a new injector set, however they engineers could not get the injector nozzle out of the cylinderhead. meaning a new cylinder head or new engine!! ouch!! the cheapest of the 2 costing an estimate £2500, van just isnt worth that much.
so what i'm telling you is to get the engineers to look at that possability, you never know! if you do get a response from renault please let me know so i can proceed from here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts