Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 2007 Kangoo Venture van with air conditioning. Not wanting to part with nearly £300 for a simple service I decided to do it myself. :d

Unfortunately there is no Haynes manual available yet and I cannot locate the pollen filter.:confused: Also known as "Cabin filter".

Does anyone out there know how to find/access this the illusive component ??

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Job Done

Thanks for your help, job now done. Its takes about 30 mins if you know what you are doing.

1) lift bonnet and secure.

2) remove both windscreen wipers.
tools = spanner

3) carefully remove rubber strip which is almost the width of the bonnet.
tools = fingers

4) just below the windscreen on the drivers side is a removeable access panel. its about 8 inches (200mm for the younger readers) long. remove this.
tools = fingers

5) note that the windscreen wiper spindles pokes through a plastic panel which is the width of the car. This plastic panel must be removed. It pokes under the windscreen rubber. Also there are two further plastic pieces, one either side. they need to be removed first as they will obstruct the removal of the large plastic panel. There are no screws, everything clips out of place. Very little force is required, be gentle or you will snapsomething.
tools = fingers

6) under they bonnet on the drivers side you should see a plastic cover held in place by two small torx head screws. remove the screws and the cover.
tools = torx driver

7) lo and behold you should now see the location of the filter. It is held in place by a plastic securing strip. To remove this strip undo the 2 small screws which have hexagonal spanner type heads. very small. about 4BA or similar.
tools = small spanner or spanner driver

8) pull out the pollen filter. Its awkward. Note that the filters are directional (with regards to airflow)
tools = fingers

9) clean out the location of the filter.
tools = vacuum cleaner

10) insert the new pollen filter. Its awkward. Be patient and gentle
tools = fingers

Re- assemble in the reverse order.

Tips :
Use plenty of neat wasing up liguid on the rubber strip under the windscreen to enable easy insersion of the plastic strip.

Good luck if you are brave enough to try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts